Having the best carpet cleaner is essential to get a fresh, bright-looking carpet and upholstery without any spills and stains. Keep the carpets in perfect condition with a suitable carpet cleaner solution.
Whatever method of cleaning you use, whether it’s hand cleaning or using an electric carpet cleaner, it’s just that you need the premium solutions to get rid of the stains and spills effectively. Choose the best carpet cleaner that efficiently picks up all the dirt particles and stains.
Whatever type of stains you plan on picking up, choose the carpet cleaner solution accordingly. Some are best for cleaning pet stains, accidental spills, red wine, or coffee stains, while others are best for generalized cleaning and naturalizing the unpleasant smells.
Have a look at the best carpet cleaner reviews, their features, and much more while you scroll down.
Best Carpet Cleaners Listed
1. Hoover Cleaning Concentrated Solution: – The best solution for machine cleaners
- This best carpet cleaner solution works effectively to remove all the grime and dirt from the new spills on your carpet or the old stains. Revitalize the carpets of your home now using this concentrated solution.
- What makes it unique is the activated cleaning performance, which pairs well with the Hoover stain remover plus the carpet cleaner.
- This US-based product comes with a fresh linen scent that gives a perfect, clean, fresh look.
- Hoover renewal series helps in restoring your home by tackling down the old, set-in stains. Leave your carpet fresh and new with this stunning deep cleaning solution.
- The advanced cleaning solution works well for cleaning car interiors, home upholstery, carpets, high traffic areas, and much more, allowing you to indulge in a clean feel.
- Restore the complete look of your carpets with a comfortable feel. This product is the ultimate choice to tackle all dirt and messes now while keeping the home clean and odor-free.
Item Form: Liquid
Item Weight: 9 Pounds
Volume: 128 Fluid Ounces
2. Rug Doctor pro deep cleaner – Best carpet cleaner for stains
- Rug Doctor carpet cleaner comes with a robust pro-enzymatic formula that deeply cleans and stops the pets from remarking or making a mess on the carpets.
- Keep the carpets continuously cleaned for more than 24 hours or more with this highly effective solution.
- What you’ll love the most about it is the daybreak scented solution, which neutralizes and resolves all the harsh smells pulled off from the pets.
- It helps clean all the pet stains, including their feces, urine, vomit, hairball spots, blood, dirt, saliva, and much more.
- This deep cleaner solution serves as an ideal cleaning solution to eliminate all spills and stains from your pet beds, sofas, carpets, auto upholstery, mattresses, and much more.
- Besides that, this solution cleans around nine rooms easily. Plus, it’s safe to use carpet cleaning solutions in all machines.
- Moreover, this solution is non-irritating and non-toxic, making it completely safe and easy to use around pets.
Item Form: Liquid
Item Weight: 6 Pounds
Volume: 48 oz/ 96 oz
3. Amazon Commercial Extraction Carpet Cleaner – Best budget-friendly solution
- The two packs of Amazon extraction carpet cleaning solutions work well for all carpets, rugs, or mats.
- You’ll fall in awe with this carpet cleaner as it profoundly penetrates within the fibers while breaking up and lifting the stains. Plus, it also knocks down the offensive odors more efficiently and quickly.
- If you own an office, hotel, or any other commercial property, then this cost-effective, budget-friendly product will serve great for cleaning purposes.
- It’s ideal to use a professional extraction cleaning machine over the carpeted surface. Rinse the carpets now with this low-residue formula, which leaves no soapy texture behind and comes with a fresh country fragrance that you’ll surely love.
- Freshen up and clean the carpet now after diluting it with 0.5 to 1 ounce in each gallon.
- Gain complete freshens and get rid of all marks and stains with this reliable solution that helps in an odorless, fresh, clean experience.
- This formula is low-residue in nature, which gives a pleasant scented feel with ease of cleaning and rinsing it off, leaving no oily or soapy build-up on the carpet.
- It’s recommended to use it with hot water extractors or steam on all carpet types, rugs, or upholstery. This is the best carpet cleaner spray, which can be easily sprayed directly over the carpeting.
Item Form: Liquid
Item Weight: 8.7 Pounds
Volume: 1 gallon/2 pack, 1 gallon/ 4 pack
4. Bissell deep clean – Best Eco-friendly cleaner
- If your carpet has several red wines, and coffee stains and you are tired of scrubbing them off, then it’s best to get your hands on the Bissell deep clean solution. It helps in getting rid of the juice, coffee, pet, or tea stains.
- What makes it unique is the Oxy action technology, which permanently and profoundly gets rid of the tougher stains which won’t reappear after the wash.
- This cleaning solution is safe for families and pets. The best part about this product is that it comes with a sustainable design: an earth-friendly formula with no phosphates, no inclusion of heavy metals or dyes.
- It is a biodegradable detergent designed to offer maximum performance to the users in a deep cleaning machine.
- You can easily use this cleaner in upright, deep cleaning machines like Hoover, Bissell, or Rug Doctor.
- Keep this Bissell deep clean shampoo in your cabinet to get rid of stains immediately without any hassle. Overall, this eco-friendly formula works well on spot spills and stains.
Item Form: Liquid
Item Weight: 3 Pounds
5. Kirby Carpet Shampoo – Best carpet cleaner shampoo
- The Kirby carpet cleaner comes with a powerful ingredient that neutralizes the dust mite allergens present in your house, which are the ultimate cause of leading allergic reactions. So, if you are a sensitive individual to cleaning products in your household, you should give it a try.
- Many lab tests also prove that this carpet shampoo helps in neutralizing dust, and mites waste allergens.
- It comes in a unique, dry foamy formula that immediately cleans the carpets.
- This carpet cleaner comes with unique soil ingredients serving as a repellent and reduces the allergens which occur through pollens.
- This carpet cleaner is entirely safe for restoring the carpet condition and works at a 6.0 pH level.
- You’ll fall in love with the Lavender scent, which gives a mesmerizing feel to the homeowners.
- Make sure to follow instructions while using this product and pre-treat the area with old, tough stains.
- This heavy-duty, versatile cleaning solution is a perfect fit for cleaning large carpet areas. The unique formulation of this cleaner spot cleans the stains, especially if there are pets at home.
Item form: carpet shampoo
Item Weight: 16 Ounces
Volume: 128 Fluid Ounces
6. 3D Upholstery & Carpet Shampoo – Best carpet cleaner solution
- 3D upholstery & carpet shampoo is the best carpet cleaner that works as a cleaner plus a deodorizer. This advanced formulation solution helps in deep cleaning plus works well on the toughest stains and spots.
- The best part regarding this cleaner shampoo is that it comes with an optical brightener, which helps bring out the luxurious beauty in your carpets.
- This shampoo is a perfect mixture of no-harm prop 65 and approved ingredients that offer stunning cleaning results meeting buyers’ satisfaction.
- This high-foaming carpet and upholstery shampoo offers a spotless look with a deodorizing effect.
- Bring out the original color of your carpets and interior clothing using the 3D upholstery and carpet shampoo that leaves no residue.
- Allow the carpet cleaner to penetrate well into the fabric, lifting off the soil from the surface.
- For hand cleaning, it is the ultimate product for cleaning carpets. Moreover, this product is non-allergenic and does not result in any allergic reactions.
Item weight: 9.63 pounds
Item Form: Foam
Volume: 16 Fl oz./ 128 Fl oz.
7. Zep INC Carpet Shampoo – Best carpet cleaner solution for pet urine
- Zep’s is a perfect cleaning solution for cleaning pet stains from the carpet. It easily cleans up the stains and comes with professional strength.
- This carpet shampoo’s low foam formula delivers a profound cleaning effect and comes with anti-re-soiling agents, which keep your carpet fresh and long-lasting.
- This professional-grade formula delivers the profound cleaning effect of all pet stains plus odors. The concentrated formula of this pet carpet shampoo makes around 25 gallons.
- The shampoo works well for commercial and residential rugs, carpets, upholstery, and stain-resistant carpets.
- Zep Carpet shampoos are formulated in such a way that they target all spills and messes while handling all clean-ups. It is the best carpet shampoo, which pairs well with all dedicated carpet cleaners.
- Use the soil repellents now, which force the liquids and debris from the carpet, making it easy to remove through water and a damp cloth.
- It is the best carpet cleaning solution for pets and getting rid of the smell. Overall, it’s the best budget-friendly and all-purpose solution that helps clean the carpets and rugs efficiently.
Item Form: Liquid
Item Weight: 8 Pounds
Volume: 128 Fl oz.
8. Kirby Professional Shampoo – Best professional strength solution
- Kirby’s carpet cleaner for old pet urine is highly suitable for larger carpeted areas. Make your carpets look bright and fresh with the Kirby professional-strength carpet shampoo. The foaming action of this cleaning shampoo prevents the carpets from being wet, plus it repels all the dust from the carpets once you clean them.
- This heavy-duty carpet cleaning solution is highly versatile and serves well for spot cleaning the stains and pet messes at home.
- You’ll love the innovative foaming solution, which prevents your carpets from being wet, allowing you to use the carpets immediately after cleaning them.
- The formulation of this best carpet cleaner for pets comes with enzymes that deeply clean the carpet fibers making them look bright and fresh.
- This professional-strength carpet shampoo is a perfect balance of ingredients that dissolves soil and eliminates odors in a single use.
- Kirby’s pet owners foaming carpet shampoo is a highly effective premium pick, removes stains, and neutralizes allergens.
Item form: Liquid
Item weight: 8.86 Pounds
Volume: 128 Fl.oz.
9. Genuine Kirby Pet Carpet Shampoo – Best premium pick solution
- This Kirby carpet cleaner spray comes with enzymes that attack deep within the carpet’s thickness. Plus, it works effectively to remove all odors and stains.
- What makes it more unique is that it’s perfectly safe for all children, and pets, and controls all pet dander allergens.
- This one-step solution deodorizes and cleans the carpets well without leaving any dirt-attracting particles.
- Moreover, you can use this concentrated shampoo with Kirby carpet shampoo systems or sprayers.
- Using this spray neutralizes the dust mite allergens and reduces allergens due to dust, pollen, or dander.
- This premium pick solution comes with efficient ingredients and a lavender scent, making it unique with a perfect odor.
Item form: liquid
Item Weight: 2 Pounds
Volume: 32 oz.
10. Hoover Shampoo – Best carpet cleaner shampoo
- This best Hoover carpet shampoo helps clean the carpets by protecting the carpets against all stains in the future.
- This carpet cleaner breaks and attacks the pet stains deeply. Plus, it deodorizes the carpets well while leaving them fresh.
- Enhance this Hoover shampoo concentrated solution’s cleaning performance with the Hoover carpet cleaner machine available in full size.
- This USA-based product leaves the carpet fresh and lightly scented, helping in carpets’ deep cleaning.
- The professional strength removes the pet odors and stains of urine, vomit, or feces.
- The enzymatic cleaning ingredients in this product break down the messes and leaves the carpets fresh.
- Overall, this deep cleaning shampoo with a light scent offers exclusive fragrance and fresh smell to the carpets of your home, car, and home upholstery.
Item Weight: 7.5 Pounds
Item type: liquid
Volume: 120 oz.
Carpet Cleaner Buying Guide:
Types of carpet cleaners:
- Powder cleaners– You can sprinkle these carpet cleaner solutions over the carpets and then use a vacuum cleaner. The powder cleaners are usually used for getting rid of unpleasant odors.
- Liquid cleaners – These carpet cleaner solutions are used in electric carpet cleaners to get rid of stains.
- Foam cleaners – These cleaners form a foaming effect immediately on contact over the carpet, which reduces the amount of water over the carpets leading to immediate drying.
- Spray– They are formulated specially to get rid of particular odors like pet urine, vomit, or feces.
Carpet fabric (natural vs. synthetic):
There are two different types of carpet fabrics. One is made from natural fibers, while the other is made from synthetic fibers. The types of carpet fibers include polyester, nylon, acrylic, polypropylene, and wool.
Nylon, for instance, is extremely popular; it’s resistant to wear and is highly durable. However, nylon cannot fight against stains, so you might need stain-resistant treatment for them.
On the other hand, Olefin is resistant to Mold, Moisture, and mildew, making it the right carpet choice. However, it’s not that comfortable to walk on.
Acrylic carpets are inexpensive to wool, but they are not widely available.
Wool, on the other hand, is a premium carpeting type that is made from natural fibers. It’s stain-resistant and highly durable. Plus, it’s an eco-friendly type of flooring.
Get your hands on the carpet cleaning solutions which are machine compatible with what you have at home. For instance, if you have a Bissell Pro cleaner, pair it well with the Bissell vacuum cleaner.
If you possess a Hoover vacuum cleaner, opt for a Hoover Cleaner solution to eliminate all the stains and spills.
Stain Removal and Coverage:
Some of the carpet cleaners come with carpet protector ingredients. They have chemicals that adhere to the carpet fibers, preventing the dirt from getting stuck to the fibers. This means you can mop the stains using a cloth and remove them before the formation of stains.
Stain removal and coverage products mostly have enzymes that help in breaking down the stains and spills.
How to Remove Food and Drink Stains from Carpets?
Food and drink stains can be quite intimidating as they can ruin the entire look of your carpets. Luckily, it’s the best time to remove the food and drink stains from carpets using the best carpet cleaners, which we have listed above.
However, it’s best to apply the solution over the non-visible area first. Suppose you dropped any food, then it’s best to vacuum first to pick up the bits. Then take a paper towel to blot the stains. Absorb as much as possible. Now use lukewarm water with the liquid solution over the area. Now place a clean cloth to blot the stains and work from outside towards the center to prevent spreading.
Next, repeat the steps if required. If you are using spray or powder cleaner, then apply directly over the stain and let it sit. Allow the spills and stains to air dry.
If you are using a DIY solution, spray the detergent solution over the carpet. Now blot it using a white cloth. Repeat it after few minutes, clean it using lukewarm water and let it dry for one hour.
How to Remove Oil and Grease Stains?
You can use a dry-cleaning solvent over the oil stain area. Apply this solvent over a paper towel or the clean cloth, then press it over the stained carpeted area. After 10 minutes or so, apply a damp cloth over the place and blot the entire solvent.
Before using the dry-cleaning solvent over the stained area, use it over a non-visible area. Clean the stained area while moving from outside to the center. Press the towel hard over the solvent so that it penetrates deep within the carpet fibers. Now allow the stained carpeted areas to dry using a dehumidifier or a fan to enhance the drying process.
If you are using a DIY solution, spray the detergent solution over the carpet. Now blot it using a white cloth. Repeat it after a few minutes, clean it using lukewarm water and let it dry for one hour.
How to Clean Pet Accidents?
There are specially formulated solutions in the market that help get rid of all the stubborn pet messes. Act immediately if your dog or cat urinates over the carpets. Urine results in a bleaching effect if you act slowly. If you are out of a cleaning solution, act quickly and pick up the cleaning solution before it soaks into the pads.
Use a carpet cleaner that comes with pro-enzymatic technology and has enzymes that activate when in touch with vomit, feces, or urine. These enzymes feed over the organic matter with odors or stains and then eliminate it.
For instance, if you use Rug Doctor Pro cleaner, remove solids first and blot the extra liquids. Now shake this bottle and spray generously over the soiled area. Allow this foam to penetrate well over the stains. Now cover the soiled area using a damp, white paper towel while leaving it overnight.
The enzymes clean the spills overnight when you sleep. When you wake up, pick up the cloth and allow your carpet to dry. Most spills get dried in a single treatment, while for heavily stained or spoiled areas, you need to repeat the process.
If you are using a DIY solution for cleaning pet accidents on synthetic carpets, then dip a cloth in a detergent solution and press it over the spot. Wait for few minutes, now soak up excess liquid. Dip it in a vinegar solution and dab repeatedly over the spot. Wait again and let it dry.
For natural fiber carpets, spray the DIY solution over the stain and blot it. Now pray ammonia solution and blot it. Spray strains using vinegar solution and blot it. Reapply the DIY detergent solution and blot it. Now spray lukewarm water and blot it.
Homemade carpet cleaners:
Have a look at these homemade carpet cleaners for cleaning synthetic and natural carpets. However, never pour any of these solutions directly over carpeting.
Vinegar solution- mix 1 cup of white vinegar in 2 cups of water.
Solvent solution- make use of oil solvent or use a nail polish remover like Gentle non-acetone polish remover.
Detergent solution- mix 1/4tsp of translucent dishwashing liquid detergent like Joy or Dawn in a cup of lukewarm water to make a solution.
Can I Mix Two Different Brands of Carpet Shampoos?
If you have some carpet shampoo remaining from your last bottle, you wonder whether you can use it with the new one. But before that, I’ll explain that you need to be very careful as all carpet shampoos come with different concentrations and technology.
Both carpet shampoos might have different formulas leading to a chemical reaction hazardous for the carpeting surface.
Carpet Cleaner FAQs:
How often should I steam clean the carpet?
You can steam clean the carpets once or twice a year as it helps lift the excess dirt, dust, and debris left on the carpeting surface.
What’s the difference between a carpet shampooer and a carpet cleaner?
The carpet shampooer makes use of warm water to create a soapy solution when applied over the carpet. This helps in getting rid of the dirty mess, stains, and spills. Shampooers usually spray an amount of shampoo with a water solution, dry foam, or spray over the carpet. A rotary or revolving brush then works over the shampoo, making it penetrate the carpet fibers. A carpet shampooer is best for getting rid of greasy, soiled, and stained areas.
Carpet cleaners use hot to warm water, which loosens the dirt, debris, and stains on the carpet. After which you need to use the vacuum. The steamer is then used for cleaning the carpet. A water spray is then used for forcing the dirt from your home carpet fibers. Carpet cleaners are perfect for residential carpets and help in removing stains and soils.
How do I steam clean my carpet?
Before you start steam cleaning the carpet, clean the carpet from any items. Remove all clutter, furniture, and other items. Now vacuum the carpet twice to remove all dust particles, hair, or crumbs. The carpet steamer dissolves all stains and restores the fabric. Now treat the spot stains on the carpet before you steam.
Prepare a steam cleaner machine. Remove the steam cleaner’s water tank and use a measuring cup to fill the tank using distilled water. Now add carpet cleaning solution in steam cleaner machine. After the steam cleaner machine is ready, rub it over the carpet. Now allow the carpet to dry thoroughly.
Is it better to shampoo or steam clean carpets?
Both carpet shampooing and steam cleaning come with their pros and cons. Carpet shampooing cleans the heavily soiled carpets. The shampoo soaks up all the spills and stains, but it takes longer to dry out. On the other hand, Steam cleaning disinfects and cleans the carpet, but it doesn’t thoroughly get rid of debris and dirt.
How do I deep clean my carpet?
For deeply cleaning the carpets, you can either use distilled vinegar solution or spray over the stained area. Let it sit and then allow it to dry.
You can also use baking soda and salt mixture. Spray this mixture on the stained or soiled area. Now let it sit and scrub the mixture. Now wipe it using an old towel. Next, air dries the carpet and vacuum it.
You can also steam clean the carpet using a carpet cleaner solution and get rid of all stains, spills, debris, and soil.
Do carpet cleaners clean the pad?
Traditionally, carpet cleaning solutions require a prolonged rinse as well as an extraction process. It involves the carpet soaking method using hot water and then extraction of moisture from the carpet.
Carpet fibers cannot withstand much moisture, so all water goes down into the padding. Carpet pads are deep underneath the carpets, which need time to dry out. The saturated carpet pad leads to mildew and Mold growth in 48-72 hours, which means you need some material to get rid of them.
You need to call technicians or professional experts who use high-efficiency jets with patented shampoo-free agents that penetrate profoundly and eliminate all the dirt and debris.
Cleaning a carpet is imperative because it is one of your home’s centerpieces, and it needs deep cleaning because of regular use. The best carpet cleaner to buy is Hoover cleaning concentrated solution as it effectively removes all dirt, grime, mold, new stains, and everything you can think about. This solution’s stunning cleaning performance works well for giving a fresh, clean look with a fresh linen scent.
The runner-up from our top picks is Rug Doctor pro deep cleaner, which features a powerful pro-enzymatic formula that helps deep clean the pet’s mess, spills, or stains.
This best carpet cleaner to buy comes with a robust pro-enzymatic formula that deeply cleans and stops the pets from remarking or making a mess on the carpets. It comes with a daybreak scent, which helps neutralize the harsh smells, dirt, saliva, and much more.
However, if you’re looking for a budget option, Amazon Commercial Extraction Carpet Cleaner would be a great choice. It works stunningly on rugs, mats, or carpets. It deeply penetrates well to clean the carpet and is a budget-friendly solution for multi-purpose cleaning.
I hope this guide helps buy the best carpet cleaner and aids in getting rid of stubborn spills, stains, pet’s mess, and much more without any more hassle.